Sunday, March 15, 2015

Ancient Board Game: Duodecim Scripta

This is an ancient board game (yet again) accused to be the father of the modern day Backgammon. The game has a very beautiful looking board, with ancient Roman scriptures written on it, with each letter acting as a "block" where game pieces would land. The game involves a very thin form of strategy, that is implemented through a simple decision in the order of moving the pieces. I did not bother too much with the fact that sometimes the game would conclude to be broken, but in general, the gameplay was very amusing.

I personally never played Backgammon, but if I were to say, this ancient game is very relaxing. Either that, or I didn't really know what I was doing. It too showed an atmosphere that is not present in many of the modern board games. One of the reason would be the fact that it is ancient, and the other being the unique gameplay that it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment