Monday, March 16, 2015

New Games Journal? Old Games Journal?

The dispute between New Games Journalism vs Old Games Journalism is basically the fight between a modern gun vs flintlock guns. The New Games Journalism is basically everything we see on the internet today about games, while the Old Games Journalism is everything on the paper dating the year 2000 and older (this is just a rough sketch of time!). To say the least, New Games Journalism is probably more popular than the Old Games Journalism due to the fact that they are more easily accessed and found through the little cracks of the world where internet resides.

If I can voice an opinion, I would say that I obviously would prefer the New Games Journalism due to these several facts: they are easily accessed, they are free of charge, some provides videos! The Old Games Journalism consists of words and pictures and personally, I find it less attractive and a lot more boring. However, being the "new age" kid that I am, I have not been reading a lot (if not, none at all) of the Old Games Journalism, rendering my argument somewhat biased, however provided the facts, I can say that my argument is sound.

An example of a New Games Journalism would be;

This video of Machinima's top ten scariest video game characters



An example of an Old Games Journalism would be;

(insert any Shonen Jump magazines article [or the sort] here)


No comments:

Post a Comment